Autumn start is the best period to enjoy the fresh Lithuanian harvest. So the creative chef Gaspar Fernandes offers to make all of your favourite classics – Caesar salad. Although this time it will be a vegetarian version.
Ingredients for two servings:
- 2 cucumbers;
- 4 cherry tomatoes of “Kietaviškių”;
- 2 black tomatoes of “Kietaviškių”;
- 2 yellow plum tomatoes of „Kietaviškių“;
- Fresh and crunchy lettuce;
- A small piece of white bread;
- Olive oil;
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 stalk of parsley;
- 3 spoons of mayonnaise;
- ½ teaspoon of garlic;
- 40 g of Parmesan cheese.
- Cut the lettuce and place it in a bowl with water and 5-6 cubes of ice. This makes the lettuce crunchier and crispier;
- Slice tomatoes and cucumbers;
- Cut the bread into cubes and toast it in a pan on low heat with 2 spoons of olive oil;
- For the sauce, mix mayonnaise, cheese (reserve some of it to grate on top), garlic, parsley and blend it together in a blender;
- Dry the lettuce, and place in a bowl along with tomatoes, cucumbers, and two spoons of salad dressing;
- Serve it in a bowl, add cheese and bread croutons on top.